T O P
AutoModerator

Help make SquaredCircle safer and more inclusive by using the report button to flag posts and comments for moderator review. If you need to contact a moderator, [you can message us here](https://www.reddit.com/message/compose/?to=/r/SquaredCircle) *I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please [contact the moderators of this subreddit](/message/compose/?to=/r/SquaredCircle) if you have any questions or concerns.*


ChrisRhodes789

I don’t think we will ever fully know what really happened until Sasha & or Naomi speak on it... like we have a rough idea of what happened.. but until someone who was there.. goes on the record.. Everything else is just fun conjecture... I will say this though.. much like my Lakers head coaching search(no leaks at all).. NOBODY has spoke on it which is surprising to me cause how many people travel with WWE for RAW & were backstage when it happened? 100+ right? & all we have is maybe background on it? Impressive that zero leaks are out about it..


guyincognitohomer

I don't think it's that hard to understand. From their plate.... 1. Sasha is passionate about the business, and, no different than Miz's run with the IC bet, wants her title run to MEAN something and to bring meaning to the title itself. 2. The fact that the women's tag titles HAVEN'T been in any prominent role fuels the fire of why they are upset with creative. 3. Creative then puts them in a group match but with a winner going on to more than likely LOSE to Bianca at the next PPV. 4. That winner, and subsequent loser was apparently Naomi. 5. With not build up, with no real reasoning behind it, it actually DOESN'T make sense...according to them. 6. Further, Naomi was supposed to pin someone like Nikki ASH, so it didn't even create a rift between Naomi and Sasha if Naomi pinned Sasha...having said that, I doubt either want to split up their team so quickly without doing more with the women's tag belts. 7. Because of this, and overall disagreement on how the women's tag titles are being treated, they returned the belts, took their ball and went home. Most of that above is NOT speculation....a lot of it is fact...#7 is my speculation, but I think we can safely say the actual reason for this is closely related to the above. It could be simply contract negotiation, but I think, again bringing up Miz, she wants her title run to mean something, and frankly WWE just doesn't give 2 shits about the women's tag division.


jack_x2yz

I'm not 100% sold on this narrative. Just doesn't seem bad enough to potentially loose your job over. This feels like either the smoke screen for the real reason, or the final straw and the thing that pushed them over the edge. It does kind of feel like a strategy for a bigger plan... Possibly a power play to try and get a better deal on their contracts? Or an attempt to get released? Hard to say and I don't think we're ever going to get the truth.


Willsmithsdignity

You're looking at it from the standpoint of them having fear of being fired. Why would they? They have boku options if that happens. They're in a strong position.


UncreativeTeam

The part that still doesn't add up (to me) is why they'd be upset with both getting higher profile women's title opportunities. I get that it's bad for the tag team division, but getting prominent matches with Bianca and Ronda would be an upgrade for literally anybody on the women's roster. If Sasha and Naomi think getting a win is more important than headlining a PPV with two of the most protected people on the card, then that's their prerogative. But I think there has to be something else going on. Could be a New Day thing where they said "if you break us up, we're quitting."


JohnMercon

I think it’s more that they care about the tag titles mattering, so having the tag champs not defend their own titles and instead chase the singles titles and both get beaten would just devalue them more. It’s like, if the babyface champions aren’t even focused on their own division and want to title chase elsewhere, it takes away time from the entire tag division as a whole and shows that other belts matter more. I know Sasha was a big proponent in having the tag titles introduced in the first place, so she probably seriously gives a fuck about them having some level of prestige and getting more eyes on them/women on the card in meaningful stories.


[deleted]

[удалено]


trainzebra

One thing to keep in mind is that the Women's Tag Titles are likely a passion project for Sasha. She and Bayley spent over a year lobbying Vince to greenlight them, and since their creation they've probably been the most meaningless belts in the company. You wouldn't need more than one hand to count the number of actual angles they've been involved in since their inception. Naomi makes less sense to me, but it could just be as simple as supporting something her friend cares deeply about


Cracka_Chooch

>since their creation they've probably been the most meaningless belts in the company. The damn 24/7 title is more prominent. >Naomi makes less sense to me, but it could just be as simple as supporting something her friend cares deeply about That's probably exactly it. Naomi's been around for a while and knows her role in the division. She knows she's not beating Bianca or becoming champion anytime soon. She's a veteran former champion for Bianca to beat. She's also very good friends with Sasha. She's probably more interested in supporting Sasha in her goal to make the tag titles relevant. It both helps her friend and raises her own status as a champion if the belts become more significant.


Jaereth

> It both helps her friend and raises her own status as a champion if the belts become more significant. This made me think - how many women in WWE now have been both Women's Tag and World Champions?


Cracka_Chooch

Sasha, Naomi, Asuka, Charlotte, Bayley, Nia Jax, Alexa Bliss, Nikki A.S.H., Natalya, Carmella, and Rhea. That's not including the NXT title which I don't think counts as a world title because of the brand being back to considered developmental. If it does count, it adds Kairi and Shayna.


llamawithguns

There are almost twice as many that have held both as there are women who have only held the tag titles. Of the 17 women's tag champs, only 6 have not also held the raw and/or Smackdown championship: the IIconics, Kairi, Shayna, Tamina, and Zelina


UncreativeTeam

So if you know they're treated like crap and that's not changing, then why not just get a main event payday out of it? There are literally 0 real main roster tag teams in the women's division since the IIconics got released, so elevating the tag titles to the level it deserves benefits nobody. It's just a bunch of random singles stars paired together who don't even get a tag team entrance.


Jaereth

> is why they'd be upset with both getting higher profile women's title opportunities. I get that it's bad for the tag team division, Idk, maybe they think those prop belts should mean something and feel like they mean something. I mean they still call them "Championships" right? Can you imagine that "You both go on to face the world champions as singles and you both lose!" booking going over with The Steiners, Road Warriors, Rock and Roll, or any other prominent "Tag team specialists" who are dedicated to the team?


UncreativeTeam

>Can you imagine that "You both go on to face the world champions as singles and you both lose!" booking going over with The Steiners, Road Warriors, Rock and Roll, or any other prominent "Tag team specialists" who are dedicated to the team? You don't think the Steiners, Road Warriors, and RnR Express wouldn't have killed for a world championship match (and the payday that entails) in the 80s/90s?


scottneelan

Funnily enough, I once came across an anecdote about Scott Steiner refusing a US title shot in the early 90s because he didn't want to upstage Rick or break up the team. They supposedly settled on the TV title instead, which Scott won. ...not to argue against your point or anything, but, y'know.


El_Jeff_ey

People were always big on Scott back then, they had him challenge for flair’s world title and some people even wanted him to win the Royal rumble and the main title at wrestlemania


jizzmcskeet

You keep bringing up paydays for main events, but is that still a thing? I couldn’t imagine that is a thing in the WWE especially with the on the fly booking that they do. I know you asked this question elsewhere as well, so I’m wondering myself.


bruiserbrody45

Because Sasha likely rightfully thinks she should be in the Becky/Charlotte/Ronda tier, not being fed to them .


OffTheMerchandise

The thing that I don't really see people talking about from the thread from an alleged friend of Naomi is that Vince initially agreed to change the plans for the match before a producer getting it changed back. I think that was what caused them to walk out. Sure, it sucks having shitty creative, but if you're told one thing after raising your concerns with it, and then the opposite happens, it's frustrating.


100_proof_plan

I take it you don't follow r/nba https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/uu3baf/wojnarowski_milwaukee_bucks_assistant_darvin_ham/


UsagiTsukino

Can't wait for TIJ. ![gif](emote|free_emotes_pack|grin)


patrickwithtraffic

Not that it's a competition, but Renee could low key get some solid sound bites from Sasha down the road.


Wetty_Lufa

Pretty sure yesterday Zarian said that Naomi was negotiating a new contract but Sasha still had a while left on her deal.


SiphenPrax

When did this guy quit/get laid off from WWE? Because if it was recent then he would have a good idea on when the contracts expire. If it’s be several years though, then he doesn’t because several minor changes could have been made to the contracts since.


Uso_Libre

He still has friends within the WWE, including many wrestlers. He was a writer.... yes. He was also a party promoter and helps run Walemania every year. He also has many connections within the hiphop community. So if he knows any info about wrestlers, it's bc he's good with people and not bc he was just a writer a few years ago. He also doesn't usually like putting people's business out like that, so there might be some truth to the contract thing. I say that to say, I respect Kaz but I still take everything with a grain of salt haha.


TheeRuckus

Yeah he was also one of the fill ins for the new day pod after E won the title. He probably has more wrestler connections in WWE Than meltzer/Alvarez/ other dirt sheet guys


Definitelynotme3211

I listened to the podcast he said this on. He said it more as he believes they are negotiating but didn't state it as undeniable fact. It was more he thinks the contracts could be up in 2 months. Basically someone on Twitter is stating what he said as fact and then OP is farming karma.


[deleted]

[удалено]


SpiralTap304

It would be relevant information for the writers to have. You don't want to base 3 months of storylines on a person that is leaving in a month. But I don't think they have access to it, even if they should. By all accounts it is fucking anarchy as a writer.


FinnSolomon

But guys like Alistair Black had vignettes and a clear ongoing storyline before getting unceremoniously fired. Nick Khan/Vince absolutely do not give a fuck about the writers.


xilodon

Someone getting abruptly fired is still pretty different from knowing when contracts expire so they can have backup plans for long term stuff that might not have a chance to play out. Though the many stories of entire shows being rewritten at the last minute because Vince was having himself a day, would make it unsurprising to find out that they know far less than they should.


DCGMoo

Even the people who manage the contracts aren't always sure when they expire. Adam Cole expiring was a surprise. Black being under 30 day NXT contract instead of 90 day WWE was a surprise. So it's really not unrealistic for the writers to not know. It could be as simple as, say, pitching an idea for someone who's about to expire and having Vince or whoever turn it down. They don't need to tell the writer that wrestler is expiring in a month, they just tell the writer that the 3 month story isn't happening.


Rickymex

> So it's really not unrealistic for the writers to not know. Neither is the opposite.


Lost-Pineapple9791

Bro they change stuff day of the show all the time, they don’t have 3 months of storylines planned out


AquaTeenHungyForce

> You don't want to base 3 months of storylines on a person that is leaving in a month. It's fine, WWE doesn't even plan their stories 3 weeks ahead.


nothingmeansnothing_

> There's no way the writing staff know when people's contracts expire years out Why not? People talk. Especially in the wrestling world, loose lips about finances.


ShinsukeNakamoto

>When did this guy quit/get laid off from WWE? Kofi had this guy sitting with his family when he won the title at the New York WrestleMania. I would bet his information is accurate.


Obachan

He left in 2019 iirc


GuitarzanWSC

That assumes that Kaz hasn't maintained any friendships or connections since he left.


ineededanameagain

Kaz is still good friends with many people in wwe. He was the one who broke Lashley's injury earlier in the year.


MediumRareAB

He is super plugged into WWE. He is really cool with… pretty much every black wrestler working for WWE. If anyone knows what is going on or has a little insight into this, it’s likely Kaz.


[deleted]

[удалено]


SiphenPrax

Oh then he doesn’t really have a leg to stand on. Many changes could have happened with the contracts since.


Kaprak

Ehhhh, he's still friends with people who he worked with. He genuinely has an in to any rumor and scuttlebutt. The fuck else is Big E gonna do right now besides shoot the shit with a buddy?


OutlandishnessFun765

If there’s one way to secure job security in WWE it’s to want to leave


CoherentPanda

When they start trying to embarrass her on live TV and make her look like a loser, we'll know talks didn't go anywhere and she's a few weeks from freedom.


Dapper_Programmer803

Sasha’s gonna do acting and modeling with wrestling as a side gig imo. She’s already conquered women’s wrestling in America


DHA1999

She could take the Miro's way. AEW's way to compete with WWE in terms of compensation is the actual independent contractor treatment: she could easily do Hollywood, modeling, Twitch or whatever she wants and be in AEW at the same time.


UTALR1

Very true. If she leaves wwe, I see her focusing on outside projects & part time wrestling if she still has the bug. Aew, unless their fool, would accommodate her. That's IF she wants to still wrestle. Listening to her Logan Paul, it seems like she's been contemplating it already.


CatCollection

This is just my opinion but I don't think Sasha would go anywhere near AEW. If she's really upset about not being in meaningful storylines, AEW is the worst destination for her. They have almost no meaningful women's storylines and I say that as a huge AEW mark.


LittleOneInc

I feel like he'd make time for Sasha in the way he constantly makes time for Britt and Jade. Sasha is money and he knows that.


gambalore

I want to believe that but AEW hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt with the women's division until they actually do it.


DHA1999

Yeah, I see what you're saying, but maybe with someone like Sasha, Tony can finally start to book the women's division in a better way.


CatCollection

They have Toni Storm, Rosa, Shida, Britt, Jade, Statlander, Deeb, Riho, etc. Great female talent are everywhere in AEW. That's not the problem. AEW women have stop and start storylines and are never given TV time.


trainzebra

Not to denigrate any of those women, but none of them are even close to Sasha in terms of being a total package of a wrestler. Some of them might be as good as her in the ring, some might be almost as good as her on the mic. None of them have both, which is the biggest issue AEW has with their women. I've mentioned this several times, and I never know if it's going to get upvoted or downvoted, but the biggest problem for AEW's womens division is AEW's mens division. The women are competing for TV time with a men's roster that has 5 to 10 of the best wrestlers in the world. When you drop down to the next tier of performers, you have people like Britt and Jade still competing for TV time with the likes of Darby, Sammy, and PAC. If you add Sasha (or any WWE A-lister) to the roster, you have someone that can genuinely compete with a Danielson or Omega for TV time. That's not remotely the case right now.


son_of_a_lesser_ape

Sasha just has IT. Everything about her screams big deal. Even when her booking hasn't been great she still seems like a draw. If you showed someone who has never watched wrestling (or at least hasn't watched it since she debuted) they would still think she was a big deal.


DHA1999

Fantastic talent all of them, but not at the level of Sasha (in terms of character work, charisma and draw power). She can be front row with the rest of them and have good storylines and such.


FishnBIcycle

> (in terms of character work, charisma and draw power) Draw power I will give you, and that's because 1. She's been positioned as a main event talent in the largest promotion in the world 2. Wrestling fans actually like her I could definitely see Sasha Banks as a reason to invest more in the AEW women's division. If Sasha wants to make a difference, it would be in AEW.


Jackol4ntrn

other than Britt Baker and Jade and maybe Nyla, all the other women wrestlers are really awkward with live promos. They need to coach them more. Sasha has the promo skills to force others to elevate to her level.


thismyusername69

shes gonna hate the back stage of AEW and not being pampered 24-7 either. i love sasha but no matter where she goes, wrestling, AEW, or hollywood. she gonna have drama.


badnbourgeois

As long as Sammy Guevara is on the roster I highly doubt she’d step foot in an AEW ring


LauriamLea

She could but i don't think anyone outside her fan base actually wants her there she throws far too many tantrums over not getting her way has a massive ego.


DHA1999

Tony Khan would be an idiot to not sign Sasha Banks if he has the chance. AEW needs women to watch the show and if there's a proven women's draw, it's her. Also, one of the big 4 women's wrestlers in America? Yeah, Sasha would be the third biggest signing in AEW's history (and almost at the same level as Danielson IMO).


LitBastard

Tony should invest in a few Whiteboards instead of even more wrestlers. Maybe he can start keeping track of feuds and the millions of fucky finishes.


LauriamLea

Not even close to being on the level of Danielson would it be big? Yeah but not that big. While yes she can draw which is always important aew doesn't need brats who throw tantrums to get their way they need actual talent. Also if you think she would be their third biggest sign you're blinded by horny or something she's not anywhere close to some of the people they got


II_Shwin_II

this comment is so wrong lmao, Sasha is one of WWEs biggest active crossover talents, everything we've heard of her being a brat mostly boils down to that one bullshit Ryan Satin report of her and Bayley, and she's put on a ton of banger matches


LauriamLea

True he could be spouting off bullshit but seeing as it keeps coming up seems kinda true she always seems to have a new issue and throws a fit, but yes Sasha is a massive female wrestler but she's not as big as a good chunk of the people are signed from WWE as well. She's big just not that big outside of her weird kpop like Stan's that are insane she's not really a household name.


II_Shwin_II

Who in WWE is bigger than Sasha? Roman, Brock, and Ronda are like the only people that you could argue.


LauriamLea

Randy, Cena whenever he comes back from Hollywood, Triple h yes retired but still makes appearance from time to time, the names you mentioned, Styles, New day if we're talking merch and stuff not just titles but even then they've won more, Cody since returning much bigger name, Rey, Edge.


DHA1999

Who exactly can you put above Sasha as a marquee AEW's signing? In my opinion it's just Punk and Bryan...


LauriamLea

Jericho, punk, Bryan, sting still massive, Jeff household name, Christian will always just be a bigger name, Mox, I'm not saying she wouldn't be a big deal she'd be the biggest signing for the women's but in all of the company not even close.


DHA1999

Okey, I can accept Jericho and Mox, but I super disagree with Sting, Jeff and highly disagree with Christian. I think you're underestimating the draw power of Sasha. She would be huge for AEW.


UTALR1

With the audience she can relate too/bring in, I'd argue she'd be bigger than anyone, other than Punk, maybe. She has the potential to be the first true cross over female star. Someone they could build a serious division around & be one of their most visible talents.


LauriamLea

I ain't saying she wouldn't draw for them and that she doesn't draw at all just she's not as big as her fans seem to think, and yes she'd be huge for aew but not top 3 huge not even top 10 that and mixed with her backstage attitude she seems to have and ego it'd be a nightmare


heybudbud

> backstage attitude she seems to have and ego You keep pushing this shit with no reason. There was the ONE Ryan Satin report (which was bullshit mostly) and now this situation which we still don't know much about. That hardly equates to the narrative you're trying to push.


PM_ME_LANCECATAMARAN

If anything she could be bigger than Bryan - for AEW, at least. Most Bryan fans have already decided to watch or not


LauriamLea

She's just not as big as Bryan idk why people seem to think she is she doesn't have a movement like he did, she's popular yes and has her core weirdly obsessed fans but he's not that popular


White_Tea_Poison

She was a massive part of women's revolution movement lmao come on now. Genuinely curious dude, have you considered that maybe you're the one underestimating her draw power and appeal? And not everyone else?


LauriamLea

Was she a massive part the whole revolution started before her but that's not my argument I'm just saying she's not even close to the level of a Bryan or most of the big names aew signed


twociffer

Thing is that the kind of fans that Danielson attracts were for the most part already watching AEW. He is more someone that makes sure that the existing fanbase stays around. Banks on the other hand has in large parts a target audience that has not been as interested in AEW so she could have more of an impact on the viewership than Danielson or even Punk. It's the hollywood strategy of using an established franchise and race/gender/whatever swapping characters in order to get new people to watch it. Difference is that in this case it would be organic because Sasha Banks is actually good at her job and doesn't just fit some box that has to be checked. Same goes for Naomi by the way, even if it is on a smaller scale.


CuvisTheConqueror

Meh. Those reports come out about anyone who plays hardball with WWE, or even calls them on their bullshit. If she starts getting kicked out of wherever she goes like Ivelisse, I'll believe them then. Until then, I have no reason to.


Kinterlude

Outside of the bullshit Satin piece, what other "tantrums" has she thrown? You keep harping throughout the topic of her tantrum and ego, but outside of the Satin piece, where have you seen that from her? Her being upset that they're booking the tag division and the titles like shit isn't "throwing a tantrum". She has a legitimate grip and was treated like a spoiled brat by a producer. That's pretty shitty and is counterproductive to talents. The way the women's tag belts has been booked is atrocious, and seeing that they made a big deal of Naomi and Sasha winning the belts then did nothing is pretty dumb.


ButtsendWeaners

She proved in her NXT run that she's among the best wrestlers in the world. I don't give a shit what she's like backstage, I want to see her face Thunder Rosa.


[deleted]

[удалено]


[deleted]

[удалено]


iblametheliberals

Sasha is easily top 5 in the world regardless of gender. Tony would be stupid to not sign her, especially since she already has a big and established fan base in the US.


[deleted]

[удалено]


[deleted]

[удалено]


[deleted]

[удалено]


[deleted]

[удалено]


[deleted]

[удалено]


[deleted]

[удалено]


bizarrequest

I think Sasha has what it takes to be a crossover star and I do hope we get to see her develop her acting potential.


thismyusername69

i just dont see how many people are really believing she gonna be huge or anything in hollywood. it will be a swift career if at all.


The_Homestarmy

I think it's strange you're so confident in that. She has insane connections and has already broken in, she has as much of a shot as anyone else


[deleted]

[удалено]


The_Homestarmy

Being in a major Disney production and working with huge names in the film business is absolutely called breaking in regardless of your strange, wrestling based biases lol


[deleted]

[удалено]


Willsmithsdignity

Kevin Nash has a solid filmography before and sfter John Wick. Bad example. He's currently in a very successful movies series in Magic Mike. Prior to that you had Longest Yard, Punisher, and several other projects.


UTALR1

Yeah, why after reaching the top for the largest promotion in the world would she want to step down. Unless the opportunity to create something in aew interests her. Which Tony might be more open too. They'd also give her more freedom to explore outside opportunities.


vikas233

Honestly, Sasha should leave. If u think about the top of the division, it feels like the next few years would probably be her putting over Charlotte/Ronda/Becky/Bianca in consistent rotation or doing not much of anything in the tag division. WWE made up their mind that she's not someone that's going to win a rumble or have a good title reign. You can't almost ever remember someone with her star power being booked in such a way. She has some star power, but how long will it last if the booking continues to reflect the idea that she's 2nd tier? She's back to her 2018 booking. If she leaves she probably increases her value, and she's young enough to come back when the top of the card isn't so set.


NDubbaYa

She's done everything in the WWE. Aside from big cash money, no reason to stay. Be more than happy to see her explore a hollywood career. Assuming she's staying in wrestling? I really want to see her mix it up with joshi. Have that TJPW or Stardom run. That'd be fun.


MustacheDiaries

Sasha in the G1 let's go


ButtsendWeaners

I know the money for her is in acting and AEW, but I need to see her win BOLA.


MustacheDiaries

Sasha vs Bandido in the finals.


patrickwithtraffic

I definitely don't follow PWG enough, but have they had women compete in BOLA? I know Candice did some crazy shit in the ring with men there, but did she ever compete in that tournament?


M-G-K

She did! In 2014 - beat Rich Swann in the first round then lost to Johnny Gargano in the second.


KyWy75

Negotiating a new contract doesn’t mean the current one is set to expire fwiw, they could very likely have years left and just wanted to start the process now like what MJF is doing.


Your_Personal_Jesus

I doubt it's an MJF situation but I also can't see WWE letting Sasha Banks' contract reach the point where only 2 months were left.


Booger-Bucks

Didn't several AEW signees come directly in after contracts expired because no one there realized they were coming up? I mean, Sasha is bigger than most in AEW. Naomi isn't.


williamthebloody1880

Nobody, including Adam Cole, remembered when his contract was up. He signed an extension to finish up the story he was in. The only other one was not realising Black was still on an NXT contract


Your_Personal_Jesus

Kyle and Gargano expired earlier than expected as well.


jheri

MJF is trying to get more money on his current contract, if reports are true. He isn’t trying to work out a new deal for after his contract expires, so it’s not the same thing.


spaghetti_honeybuns

It's also possible that they don't have years left


Booger-Bucks

If true, makes sense to me. We constantly talk about how shit WWE creative is and why it's why some people are hesitant to jump. We talk about how Cody must have some kind of champ clause otherwise he'll be Stardust in weeks. Sasha and Naomi probably want assurance that what they do matters, especially as they're set to renew. Otherwise they could be stars somewhere else. This might just be a wake up call telling WWE that they're (literally) ready to walk if they're going to be put in shit creative


wildturk3y

Sasha had a disagreement about her booking back in 2019 (the infamous Satin kicking and screaming report that he oversold), there was plenty of speculation on if she'd stay or leave because her contract was up and she was unhappy/burnt out, then she later re-signed. Now we've got a similar situation where she's upset at something with her booking and her contract is up again. I don't know if it means anything, but its an interesting coincidence. Maybe the times like this where a decision on her future comes up it leads to her really start evaluating everything and it comes out in different ways. Or maybe its just a complete coincidence.


Deducticon

> the infamous Satin kicking and screaming report that he oversold He never said anything about kicking and screaming. He just said loudly complaining.


Ribeyes1

Will be unpopular here of course but any women joining AEW at this point would be DOA. Their women’s division is treated like straight garbage


CatCollection

Agreed. I don't enjoy WWE at all anymore and am a huge AEW fan but it's night and day the way women are treated in the two companies. You're lucky to get a promo in AEW let alone a TV match once a month.


Deducticon

um, that's because they don't have anyone at 4 Horsewoman level.


CrashyBoye

There is almost zero reason to believe at this stage that would change even if they did. I really enjoy AEW, but let’s not pretend that the issue is because the talent simply isn’t on “four horsewoman level”. AEW’s trash booking of the women’s division stands on its own. Lol at the downvotes. God forbid someone criticize AEW in the slightest. Y’all are a bunch of babies.


Deducticon

It's likely because your criticism doesn't hold up to scrutiny. You're delusional if you think AEW's booking of the women's division wouldn't shift if they got Sasha and Bayley for example. You have no evidence that it would stay the same with such mega talent, because there are no examples to point to. They don't have anyone at those levels.


Keinichn

I'm gonna agree here. If she stormed out because of how the division was being treated, she would absolutely not be happy at AEW. If your name isn't Britt or Jade, you get hardly any screen time, even if you're the champ.


squeak37

Banks could definitely get screen time in AEW, she's such a popular name they'd love to claim they've a strong women's division by pushing her. Naomi would not get treated anywhere near as well, even though she deserves it for her abilities


Deducticon

Because they don't have a Sasha.


jollyrog8

Fast forward to a hypothetical short-term future where both of them are free agents, the current state of the AEW women division absolutely has to weight on their minds, I think. It's silly to assume every wrestler in the world gushes over AEW and immediately calls up Tony when they are released. Everyone here may go to sleep at night smiling about how AEW is the greatest thing to happen since sliced bread, but fail to consider it may not appeal to every wrestler. Plainly put, If I'm Sasha I'd want assurances I don't get Bret Hart-ed WCW style.


trickshot88

Now this is interesting. I think this walkout is more of a power play by Sasha/Naomi rather then them just being upset about creative. Sasha did something similar in 2019 and when she came back, got pushed hard pretty much until early this year. She feels she's slipping back down the card, her contract is expiring, so she decides to try the same move again. As far as Naomi goes, she probably feels underappreciated too, and she saw that the walkout worked for her friend, so why not try it herself? Pretty bold move, but it might work. Obviously this is complete speculation lol, but I think it makes sense, if the report is true.


vikas233

Pushed hard = losing to Becky twice on PPV, losing to Rhea on the next PPV, being Bayleys sidekick for the next 6 months after until they win the tag titles. Getting spotlight because Becky and Charlotte were out.


trickshot88

Fair enough, she was still pushed way harder compared to before she walked out. Got a big level title feud with Becky, her and Bayley basically ran the women's division in 2020, six month title run, main evented WM last year. Even if she didn't reach Becky/Charlotte levels, I'd argue she had a great run all things considered.


vikas233

I agree it was a big step up for her, I just disagree she was "pushed hard". Pushed hard to me is Alexa 2017, Becky 2019, Bianca 2020, Charlotte 2015-2022


The810kid

Yeah this is why the people who keep saying SaShA CaNt ALwaYz be N ThE MaNe EvEnT have bad arguments. She always has been in the shadow of her contemporaries. People were Fantasy booking her having a losing a streak at mania angle. Someone of her caliber deserves much better.


cooljammer00

If they only had 2 months left, they couldn't just eat shit and smile for 2 more months and walk out as free women? If it was a mental health thing or being fed up/the last straw breaking the camel's back/whatever metaphor you want, I get it, but like....It seems like there was a better way to handle all of this, one that wouldn't involve giving WWE the chance to be super vindictive and definitely trapping you in legal hell for as long as possible.


WaitingOnNetwork

>If they only had 2 months left, they couldn't just eat shit and smile for 2 more months and walk out as free women? They don't want to leave, they want to be showcased better.


AggressiveBait

You know what they want?


Downbound92

>If they only had 2 months left, they couldn't just eat shit and smile for 2 more months and walk out as free women? Easier said than done, especially if you've been unhappy for awhile already. Plus, they took a stand against how the women's tag division was used and going to be used going forward. Staying would have forced them to go through with those plans. >It seems like there was a better way to handle all of thisone that wouldn't involve giving WWE the chance to be super vindictive and definitely trapping you in legal hell for as long as possible. Given that WWE backed down on freezing the contracts of PAC and Rey Mysterio when they were going to pursue legal action, this seems like a game of chicken WWE backs down from. It doesn't look like they want to defend their contracts in court and risk a ruling that could make all of their contracts unenforceable. If they do want to defend these contracts in court, LFG. Independent contractor status is pretty ambiguous in the US. This would be one of those cases where a ruling on an individual case can have broad ramifications. There is an army of elite employment lawyers who would take such a case for free.


ackinsocraycray

>If they only had 2 months left, they couldn't just eat shit and smile for 2 more months and walk out as free women? Renee Paquette asked and was granted her release when she had like 2 or 3 months left on her WWE contract. She basically took the 1 year non compete clause if it meant getting out of WWE sooner than later. Not the same situation as Sasha and Naomi obviously. But there has been a case of someone wanting to get out of their contract months before it expired.


WrastleGuy

Renee isn’t a wrestler and also she’s loved by everyone.


SnooOwls8136

No one is loved by everyone


WrastleGuy

Fine name someone from WWE who hates Renee


ackinsocraycray

That's not the point. The point is that not everyone can patiently wait for their contract to end. Yes, Renee's not a wrestler and she still wanted to get out of WWE.


WrastleGuy

Well if they said no then she would have patiently waited. They found a deal that benefitted both sides.


SnooOwls8136

If you're extremely unhappy it's better to leave then wait it out. 2 months is 60 more days of bs


KneelBeforeCube

Maybe it's a mental health thing.


Left_Berry_8104

I can see Sasha just letting it expired, then before she goes into acting, she just hits up Stardom. Thats been her dream to wrestle joshi style with the best of the best. Sasha vs Guilia please and thank you


MrSelfDestruct88

I've been saying that's what AEW is missing...like a Charlotte Flair or Sasha Banks to really crank up that division full speed.


Nate_923

Sasha and Naomi All Elite when? /S But, seriously, them walking out 2 months before their contracts expire is interesting. I wouldn't be shocked if they didn't re-sign but given the star power and significance of these two, especially Sasha, I can see WWE doing what they can to keep them hapoy and bring them back.


RedmondSurvivor

I don't think it'll happen, but Sasha and Naomi walking through the crowd on Dynamite Hall & Nash style would be amazing.


talvarius

Who would the third woman be?


RedmondSurvivor

AJ Lee


Kinterlude

A vicious Statlander would be an interesting choice. I doubt it'd happen, but give me a trio of Sasha, Naomi and Candice as three outsiders taking over everything would be amazing.


BatAshZ

2 month vacation....maybe 5 month if they have the 90 Day non compete clause as well....


Zestyclose_Remote874

There can't be a "non-compete" after the end date of a contract. Maybe they could freeze their contract for disciplinary reasons but I don't think so.


BatAshZ

I wasn't sure, I'm new to the world of pro wrestling so don't know exactly how contracts work


Zestyclose_Remote874

It's borderline illegal. Basically when you hear someone has a non compete it's just that they learn they are fired 3 months (1 for nxt) before they are effectively fired.


BatAshZ

Do they still get paid...or I'm guessing the illegal part is they don't


Zestyclose_Remote874

No, they do get paid


BatAshZ

That's shockingly decent of WWE


Blueskyways

They aren't doing it out of the goodness of their hearts. They're basically paying people to stay home and not work for someone else.


jollyrog8

Don't worry no one here does either lmao. It's all conjecture.


thismyusername69

i think this report is sus. i honestly don't think sasha contract is up anytime soon and this is miscommuncation. i think its likely that she is talking about changing maybe her current one but not it expiring in 2 months.


jfish718

I'm gonna have to bet on them not signing Naomi at this point lol


Chunklob

Sasha to AEW would be bigger than Danielson.


jeffatron420

I'll personally wait for a more reputable source. Not saying he's lying though.


Mhc2617

Isn’t this the same guy who said after EC that Bobby was gonna be out for months due to emergency shoulder surgery?


Your_Personal_Jesus

He said he heard Bobby was injured before anyone else did, which was proven to be true. Never heard him say anything about surgery.


Mhc2617

“From what I’m told, it’s for a least four months. Shoulder surgery. I’m hearing that he might not even make it to Mania. From what I’m told he is shoot hurt and should be out for some time.” https://tjrwrestling.net/news/bobby-lashley-to-undergo-shoulder-surgery/


DCGMoo

The idea that someone told him that prognosis and the situation turned out better than hoped, or Lashley just declined the surgery to fight through the pain, isn't unrealistic though. He never phrased it as a fact, just repeating what he was told. There are numerous examples of pro sports athletes being recommended surgery that would put them out for months but choosing to play through the injury after only a few weeks of rehab & recovery.


afrocyborg

Shout out to Kaz


Shrekt115

Isn't them leaving early gonna make them have their contract frozen?


polynomial82

Mercedes Moneylender is All Elite


cooljammer00

I have an annuity and I need cash now


BalantaBanter

CALL JG WENTWORTH! 877 CASH NOW!!


cartrman

IT'S MY MONEY AND I NEED IT NOW!


Ironthoramericaman

Wait, I thought Sasha had basically just signed a lengthy renewal? Or has it been that long already?


thismyusername69

im pretty sure shes like locked in2 more years and this article is miscommuncation. i think maybe they are doing the MJF as in wanting to restructure current contract but im pretty sure i read multiple times sashs expires in 2024 or late 2023. im gonna go google


Ironthoramericaman

That sounds accurate cause I definitely could have sworn I saw something about her signing like a 5yr extension back around mania 35. Which would have her locked down til 23/24


HardcoreKaraoke

Him and Shoemaker made it a point to say that they wouldn't really speculate. That they knew a lot but weren't 100% sure on some details so they would only talk about what they could confirm so false information didn't get out there. Kaz didn't sound too confident when he said this about their contracts. Of course they also mentioned not wanting to spread unfounded rumors so I'll take him at his word here. If the report is wrong then it has to be because he was fed the wrong info.


HAd7162

Kaz also 'hears speculation' that Kota Ibushi is coming to WWE because he read a tweet from someone. It's not insider stuff.


Professional_Pass486

Sounds like Sasha and Naomi would’ve rather had the typical 50/50 booking in singles matches every week on tv for a month against doudrop and Nikki ash rather than them both competing for singles titles at the next ppv.


ChristopherJak

Didn't Sasha renew not all that long ago? I recall there was some talk about *maybe* leaving for AEW during the 'sulking backstage with bayley' era then it quickly died down. Could have only been a couple of years extension I suppose.


Prof-Ponderosa

All I know about Sasha and Naoimi is that they were involved i the Reggie/Tozawa wedding


Brabochokemightwork

If it’s not from Sean Ross Sapp in terms if contract news then i’m not believing anything


jaketrillenhall

I think Kazeem would have some sort of idea. He co-produces WaleMania and wrote for WWE. He's friends with a lot of the wrestlers and has a reliable reputation.


BowlOfLoudMouthSoup

Jericho licking his chops rn


TheRyanFlaherty

It’s hard to have less sympathy, but that will be the case if Sasha continues to pull this shit and resigns. And I feel I can say that because Sasha is lucky in the fact that she had options….if she’s going to continually bitch and be upset about working at WWE, she can leave…she will have options to make money and do what she wants...expecting things to change at WWE at this point is delusional.


TexasMade35

Huge gets for AEW.


imTonchu

See you during All Out Sasha! (a man can dream...).


scattered_brains

This dude was barely on the writing team for like 6 months. How would he know the details of top star’s contracts? This is all baseless speculation.